Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Though here at journey's end I lie . . . I will not say the day is done."

As this post goes up, our airplane will be taking off from Nagoya International Airport. After much contemplation and deliberation, we have decided to return to America to pursue our education, careers and family life. To be able to live in Japan was the fulfillment of a dream for us- but right now our dreams are taking us back home. It is, therefore, with deep sadness (this blog really grew on me . . . ), that I close 'From the Far East', a blog that focused on our adventures in Japan.

BUT, as the Japanese saying goes, "goodbye is only a new beginning" and I will be starting a new blog once we get settled into our American lives. Stay tuned for more musings, as I'm confident that adventure can be found anywhere . . .

Check out my new blog detailing the life of a librarian here: http://agoodsketch.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Terina said...

I'm excited for you and your new beginning! Where are you going to end up in the good old USA?

Crystal-lynn said...

Wow! Good luck with a transoceanic move! (lol-I hope that's a REAL word)... Where are you coming?

Mike and DellaBeth Carney said...

Welcome home Heather and Tyler; it's good to have you near again. Mom and I look forward to seeing what new changes take place in the future with you.

Dad

Rachel said...

heather, I found this thru your facebook! check my blog out as well. I am anxious to see your your new blog? where are y ou settling now? NM?!
Rachel (Lee) Kerr

The Biglers said...

WOOHOO Welcome Home! (sorry I'm a few months behind. lol)